Molekule’s breakthrough technology cleans the air using entirely new and more complete methods than traditional air purifiers. The company’s latest product, Molekule Air Mini, is the next step in our mission for everyone to breathe cleaner air in their homes. However, Molekule Air Mini is distinct when compared to the first product, Molekule Air, in a handful of ways.
Molekule Air Mini vs. Molekule Air: Fundamental differences
There are a few main takeaways of each device that you should know about, including how much room coverage the product is designed for. However, both products use the same proprietary technology, Photo Electrochemical Oxidation, to clean the air.
- Molekule Air Mini is ideal for rooms up to 250 square feet.
- Molekule Air is ideal for rooms up to 600 square feet.
Molekule Air Mini is designed for smaller spaces compared to Molekule Air. Molekule Air Mini can be used for smaller rooms like studio apartments, kids’ bedrooms and home offices. Molekule Air is best for larger rooms like master bedrooms, living rooms, and family rooms. When comparing Air Mini versus Air, room size is one of the primary criteria to consider.
- Molekule Air Mini is available for $399.
- Molekule Air is available for $799.
Molekule Air Mini costs less than Molekule Air. Financing for both devices is available through Affirm, with an APR as low as 0%, and with a monthly payment starting at $33 per month for Air Mini and $45 per month for Air for those who qualify.
Molekule Air Mini vs. Molekule Air: Feature comparisons
There are also individual features of each product that make them different, though as mentioned above, they both contain the same air cleaning technology with a PECO-Filter.
- Molekule Air Mini weighs 7.3 pounds and is 12 inches in height.
- Molekule Air weighs 18 pounds and is 23 inches in height.
Molekule Air Mini weighs less than half of Molekule Air and is also about half the height. Both Molekule Air and Molekule Air Mini are 8 ¼ inches in diameter. Molekule Air and Molekule Air Mini both come equipped with a handle so they are convenient to move from room to room.
Placement of the device
- Molekule Air Mini is most effective on a shelf, table, or other elevated location.
- Molekule Air is efficient when placed close to the middle of the room.
Molekule Air Mini is best placed in an elevated spot and Molekule Air belongs in a central location. Due to their different suggested room sizes, Molekule Air and Molekule Air Mini are best placed in different locations in a room. It is recommended to place Molekule Air Mini in an elevated location like a shelf or table and to place Molekule Air in a central location.
- Molekule Air Mini uses one filter that must be changed every six months.
- Molekule Air uses two filters- a Pre-Filter that must be changed every three months and a PECO-Filter that must be changed every six months.
Molekule’s PECO technology is at the core of both Molekule Air and Molekule Air Mini. Molekule Air Mini’s filter takes advantage of all of the same technological breakthroughs as Molekule Air’s two separate filters but integrated into a single package.
- Molekule Air Mini has a medical-grade polycarbonate shell.
- Molekule Air has an aluminum shell.
Molekule Air Mini has a different housing material from Molekule Air, though both of Molekule’s air purifiers have the same distinct cylindrical shape.
- Molekule Air Mini’s display features a single button with LED indicators for fan speed and to warn users when filter life is expiring.
- Molekule Air’s display is an LED touchscreen with scrollable menus for changing fan speeds, turning the unit on and off, managing filter life, and deactivating WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Molekule Air has an LED touchscreen display and Molekule Air Mini has a one-touch display. Considering the differences in the user interface with Molekule Air versus Molekule Air Mini, Air Mini has a much more streamlined design. Instead of multicolored menus to scroll through to operate the device, the button on the Air Mini can be short-pressed to change fan speeds or long-pressed to turn the device on and off.
Molekule Air Mini vs. Molekule Air: How they are the same
- PECO technology. Both Molekule Air and Molekule Air Mini feature Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) technology, which destroys pollutants in the air. The same nanocatalyst is included on the filters for both devices, so you can be sure that any VOCs, ozone, allergens, or other harmful airborne substances are safely converted into trace elements of the atmosphere like carbon dioxide and water.
- Power consumption. The wattage of Molekule Air and Molekule Air Mini is similar, but there is a minor difference between the two. Both use about 20 watts at their lowest speeds, but Molekule Air consumes slightly more at its highest speed. Molekule Air Mini uses 68 watts on speed 5, which is its fastest speed. Molekule Air uses 80 watts on Boost, which is its fastest speed.
Recap: Molekule Air Mini vs. Molekule Air
Molekule Air Mini cleans the air in rooms up to 250 square feet in an hour or less and costs $399. Molekule Air cleans rooms up to 600 square feet in an hour or less and costs $799. Both utilize Molekule’s breakthrough PECO technology.
Molekule recommends choosing a unit to place in the room where you spend the most time in. We also offer discounted bundles for customers that have larger spaces or open floor plans. Bundles are also available to be financed with as low as 0% APR pricing through Affirm, and start at $72 per month for one Air Mini and one Air for those who qualify. Both devices are energy efficient and are recommended to run all day and all night to bring the cleanest air to your home.